Although the skin is the largest organ in our body, in our society skin diseases are often neglected leading to severe consequences. Battle with skin diseases is never easy or quick. We at SSB understand that, thus, we have a highly dedicated team of extremely trained professionals to help you through it all. We ensure that you are not alone in this long battle.
With the growing popularity of skincare in recent times comes the ever-blooming skincare DIYs (Do It Yourself) that have gone viral on the internet. It is the need of the hour that we try to separate facts from the truth and our doctors try to do just that with their years of knowledge and never dying learning spirit and drive to help others.
We at SSB understand your pain. Our doctors have done a lot of research on different types of issues related to skin and have received a lot of recognition for their contribution to medical science. Armed with advanced medical knowledge and empathy and a duty to help others, our doctors only strive to give the best to our clients.
Cosmetology and plastic surgery are growing fields in India, and thus require much awareness and help to ensure that you make the right decision. Years of practice and exposure to different kinds of cases have enabled our doctors to guide you through these complex procedures with ease.
The department of Dermatology, Cosmetology & Plastic Surgery offers expertise in performing complex cases of cosmetic, microvascular, reconstructive, maxillofacial surgeries and burn management. Their specializations include:
Specializations in Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery:
- Hair Transplant & PRP Therapy– A hair transplant is a surgical procedure that takes hair follicles from one area to plant them in an area that has thin or no hair whereas PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a three-step medical treatment which involves your blood being drawn, processed and then injected into your scalp.
- Scar revision & Tattoo Removal– Scar revision is a procedure that attempts to reduce the scar’s size and colour and help it blend in with the rest of the skin. Tattoo removal is a procedure in which tattoos are removed with the help of surgery or lasers.
- Fat Injection– It is a surgical procedure that involves transferring fat from one portion of a person’s body to another.
- Liposuction / Gynaecomastia– It is a surgical procedure that requires using a suction technique to remove fat from specific areas of your body.
- Hymenoplasty and Vaginoplasty– Both are surgical procedures; hymenoplasty focuses on reconstructing a broken hymen, and vaginoplasty focuses on the construction or reconstruction of the vagina
- Breast Augmentation and Reduction surgery– Both are surgical procedures; breast augmentation focuses on increasing the breast size with the help of breast implants while breast reduction focuses on reducing the breast size by removing extra fat, tissue and skin.
- Body Contouring surgery– It is a surgical procedure that aims at reshaping an area of the body. Our doctors are specially trained in facelifts and tummy tucks.
- Botox & Fillers– Botox refers to the procedure that uses substances that are injected beneath the skin temporarily freeze facial muscles to decrease wrinkles and creases whereas fillers refer to substances that are injected beneath the skin to add fullness and volume.
- Baggy eyelids or drooping eyelids surgery– It is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin under the eyelids.
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)– It is a surgical procedure that alters and reconstructs a nose to improve its function or aesthetic or both.
- Other areas of specialization include:
Diabetic foot, Bedsore, Microvascular repair, Tendon, Nerve & Muscle Repair, Facial Fractures, Skin Grafting, Flaps for various defects, Burn Management & Burn Deformity reconstruction surgery, and Hand Surgeries
Specializations in Dermatology:
- Acne– It refers to a condition when the pores of your skin get plugged by oil, dead skin cells or bacteria and can cause whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.
- Melasma and other pigmentations– Melasma refers to a condition that causes darker patches and spots on the skin, especially on the face. Our doctors specialise not only in treating melasma but also other kinds of skin pigmentations as well.
- Rosacea– It refers to a condition that causes blushing or flushing and visible blood vessels on your face.
- Hives- A skin rash formed as a reaction to food, medicine and other irritants.
- Contact, Atopic and Seborrheic Dermatitis– They all refer to skin irritation; contact dermatitis refers to a skin rash that is caused by contact with a certain substance; atopic dermatitis or eczema refers to a condition where you may have a dry, itchy and inflamed skin; seborrheic dermatitis refers to a skin condition that results in scaly patches and inflamed skin.
- Psoriasis– It is a skin disease in which itchy, scaly patches of rashes are formed on different parts of your body.
- Vitiligo– It is a condition in which the skin loses its pigment cells in blotches (patches).
- Corns and Calluses– They are thick hard layers of skin that develop as a result of your skin trying to protect itself against friction or pressure.
- Other areas of specialization include:
Freckles, Hairfall, Fungal Infections such as Toe Nail Fungi, Dark Circles, Dry Skin, Hypertrophic scar, Keloid, Skin Tags, Warts, Skin Rejuvenation, Itching and other Allergies.
- Skin biopsy– It is a procedure that involves removing cells or skin samples from your body for laboratory examination
- Chemical peels– It is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to remove the top layer of the skin and the skin that grows back is smoother.
- Dermaroller– It is a skincare device used to reduce signs of ageing, rejuvenate skin, and treat acne scarring.
- Skin tag and warts removal– It is done through various surgical procedures.
- PRP therapy– PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a three-step medical treatment which involves your blood being drawn, processed and then injected into your scalp.
- Autoinoculation– It is a procedure in which cells are removed from the body, treated or medically changed and placed back into the body.
- Other procedures include:
Microdermabrasion and mesotherapy, Intralesional injections for alopecia areata, Immunotherapy for warts, Extirpation of milia and molluscum