July 28, 2021
Tips to safe and healthy pregnancy
There are thousands of questions in a women’s mind what to do and what not to do when she planes to bring a new life to her family. Here is a blog which will provide you information to solve your queries.
First Trimester Care Tips (1-13 weeks)
- Visit your doctor as soon as women is overdue for confirmation of pregnancy
- Get your vitals checked -
- Prenatal test will be done to assess the health of the fetus and to rule out any chronic disease in women like Diabetes Mellitus, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction and transmissible infection. Get ultrasound done to know the exact location of pregnancy.
- Start with the micronutrient supplement suggested by your doctor.
- Women may feel morning sickness, nausea, vomiting, mild lower backache, and increase in urinary frequency due to growing uterus at the end of this trimester. Your doctor will prescribe some medication n life style modification to cope up with symptoms.
- Healthy diet and plenty of fluids and regular walk, work management and in between rest to cope up with morning sickness and tiredness.
- Take care of your lower back during travel and avoid bumpy rides.
- Discuss with your doctor about the further appointments for antenatal checkup.
- Visit your doctor immediately if you get any warning symptoms like discharge, spotting or bleeding PV, pain abdomen, excessive vomiting and fainting attack. Don’t take any medicine without your doctor advice.
- When the first trimester is complete reveal the good news to the relatives and friends.
- Second Trimester Care Tips (14-28) weeks
- This trimester is important as women feels the growing womb and at the end of trimester women start perceiving fetal movements so she feels connected with the baby.
- Women may be feeling better as nausea will start subsiding around 16 weeks. She will feel little energetic and hungry so good balanced diet is important.
- Your doctor will prescribe Ultrasound to rule out anomaly at around 18-20 weeks.
- Women Should join prenatal exercise classes and consult a nutritionist to keep blood sugar, blood pressure and weight in control.
- Necessary Blood investigation need to be done. blood sugar levels to rule out the gestational diabetes should be done.
- Tetanus immunization and Blood pressure measurement need to be done to rule out gestational hypertension.
- Iron and calcium supplementation need to be started.
- Expert opinion for heart burn, leg cramps, backache, and position of sleeping should be taken.
- Extra care for dental health and oil massaging of growing uterus to avoid itching.
- Expert opinion to avoid stretch marks
- Immediately visit your doctor if you get warming symptoms of pain abdomen, discharge or bleeding per vaginum. Indulge in hobbies like painting, gardening, music can read books related to kids.
- As now women is entering into tiring third trimester she can plan a short trip after consulting her doctor.
Third Trimester (29 - 40weeks)
- Get your checkup done as advised by your doctor as this trimester is important to assess the growth of the fetus.
- If you experience sudden, rapid weight gain, facial and hand swelling, with or without headache, contact your health care professional immediately.
- Take rest in between working schedules.
- weekend engagements can be avoided to get a good sleep and relaxation.
- Capture the most beautiful memories of this period.
- As your baby continues to grow, your organs get compressed and pushed upwards, making heartburn and acid reflux symptoms much stronger so try to eating small frequent meals and stay hydrated.
- If you have any alarming symptom like decrease fetal movement, bleeding per vaginum, or pain abdomen of leaking per vaginum immediately reach your doctor.
- If you are hoping to have a smooth labor or if you are just feeling unsure about the whole process, taking a birth class is a good idea.
- It is most important part of your Antenatal journey, planning delivery of a healthy baby at right time.
- Women can learn about modes of delivery - drug free vaginal delivery, painless vaginal delivery.
- Start shopping for things you'll need (nursing bras, nightgown, baby clothes, diapers, wipes, etc.). Pack the bags for hospital.
- Even women can take breast feeding classes in advance.
- Set a music that will help you to pass the time and enhance your coping skills during your labor and delivery.
SSB provides you with best of healthcare services we have a team of best of obstetrician and Gynecologist, pediatrician, neonatologist, dietician, yoga instructor and breastfeeding counselor
Note: Consult a doctor by taking appointment +91 8375011234.